Design of UE Boom 2
The UE Boom 2 looks and feels almost identical to the original Boom, with only a few altered details. It’s still a rubber-and-cloth-covered cylinder. It still has a prominent rubber strip down the side holding large + and – symbols representing the volume controls. And it still has Power and Bluetooth pairing buttons and lights on one end of the cylinder, and a D-ring sitting over a micro USB power port and a 3.5mm audio input on the other end. However, the ports are now covered by thick rubber doors built directly into the speaker.
Ultimate Ears made the Boom 2 even more rugged than the first one. It can take handle complete submersion in water without damage. The original Boom was capable of taking the occasional splash, but it wasn’t guaranteed to handle an outright drop into a pool. Like the first Boom, the UE Boom 2 can function as a speakerphone even without the telltale pinhole indicating a microphone anywhere on its rugged body.
- Insanely good, loud 360degree sound with average bass
- Portable design so you can bring the music anywhere
- Waterproof*, shockproof, designed for adventure (* IPX7 rated: UE BOOM 2 can be immersed in water up to 1m for up to 30 minutes)
- Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery for up to 15 hours of battery life between Micro USB charges. Actual battery life will vary with use, settings, and environmental conditions. Charge time: 2.5 hours.
- Pair up to 8 Bluetooth enabled devices – Connect up to two source devices at the same time. Wirelessly play (stream) to 2 UE BOOM 2s from one source. Mobile range of play is up to 33m (100 ft). NFC (passive) enabled – (works with active NFC-enabled source devices * Android Jellybean and higher).
- Tap the speaker to play, pause or skip songs.
Technical Specifications of UE Boom 2
SMALL, but worthwhile to look before buying other for modern classic speakers
|Item Weight||544 g|
|Product Dimensions||6.4 x 6.4 x 17.8 cm|
|Batteries:||1 Nonstandard Battery batteries required. (included)|
|Item model number||984-000551|