Mukesh Ambani unleashes Reliance Jio SIM, from September 5 to end of 2016, it will be free for all
At the Reliance’s annual general meeting (AGM) taking place in Mumbai, Reliance Industries chief Mukesh Ambani announced the launch of the company’s JIO SIM 4G services. Ambani called the company’s 4G LTE network largest in the world. Here are key highlights from his address to the shareholders.
“Jio’s 4G network covers 18,000 cities and towns, and over 2 lakh villages. By March 2017, we will cover 90% of India’s population. It will be largest 4GE network today,” Mukesh Ambani said.
Reliance JIO will launch for all users on Monday, September 5, and Ambani stated that it will be free for all users until the end of this year, December 31, 2016.
Highlights from Reliance’s annual general meeting on JIO SIM 4G launch
- JIO is a data-strong network, built for the Internet from the ground up. It will cover 90 per cent of India’s population by March, 2017: Ambani.
- Starting Monday, September 5, the entire Reliance JIO services available for everyone absolutely free. Till 31 December 2016.
- Makes voice calls free, no JIO customer will have to pay for voice calling.
- Reliance JIO roaming charges will be ‘Zero’ withing India.
- There will be 10 ten tariff plans with no blackout dates.
- JIO’s base data tariff will cost one-tenth of existing rates being charged currently; we will charge Rs 50 per GB, Rs 149 a month for light data users: Ambani.
- Lyf devices to be launched with prices starting at Rs 2,999 and going up to Rs 5,999. The 4G LTE JioFi router will cost Rs 1,999.
- 2.8 million songs, 6000 movies and thousands of magazines and newspapers to be added for JIO customers.
- No extra charges for festive days. Customers can access their bill at real-time after every transaction.