CSB502SSD Multi-Function Solid State Drive Shield for Raspberry Pi 2
Pi 2 Design is ready to introduce a new line of Embedded and Media-based I/O shields for the Raspberry Pi 2. Coupled with the high-performance Raspberry Pi 2 with Quad Core Cortex-A7 CPU, the CSB502SSD Multi-Function Solid State Drive shield allows users to create a high performance, low cost and embedded network storage device.
This powerful combination of the CSB502SSD and the Raspberry Pi 2 lets you leverage the Raspberry Pi 2 ecosystem for a wide variety of Embedded, Data Storage, Medical and Industrial applications.
In addition to the 1TB SSD, the CSB502SSD provides key functionality to the Raspberry PI 2. Which includes: 802.11b/g/n Wifi w/Soft-AP Mode support, Dual USB 2.0 with 1A power, On-Board wide-input (8V-24V) power supply delivers 20W (5V @ 4A) of power to all peripherals and the Raspberry PI 2, Battery backed RTC. It also includes the Temperature Sensor with 64-bit ID allows the CSB502SSD to monitor the health of the SSD and provide a unique asset tag.
Specifications and Features
- FORM FACTOR – Full Size Raspberry Pi 2 I/O Shield with a 40-Pin mating connector. The stacking version is available upon request.
- USB PORTS – Two USB2.0 Type A for additional USB expansion.
- SSD – PL2571 Controller and mSATA Socket for up to 1TB on-board Storage.
- WiFi – GWF-3M08 Module (Based on Ralink RT537) provides 802.11b/g/n for up to 150Mbps. On-Module IPEX connector allows for optimal antenna placement.
- RTC WITH BATTERY – DS1339 Real Time Clock with 16mm Coin Cell Backup and Programmable Alarm.
- TEMP SENSOR – 1-Wire DS18B20 Temperature Sensor mounted below SSD to monitor health of drive. Additionally the DS18B20 has a unique 64-Bit ID that can be used to identify the shield.
- ON-BOARD POWER SUPPLY – Wide-Input 5V @ 4A power supply powers all peripherals as well as the Raspberry Pi 2.
Multi-Function Solid State Drive Shield for Raspberry Pi 2 will be available to buy through a Kickstarter campaign starting December 2nd this year. Check it out for the early bird pricing and unique bundle options. Multi-Function Solid State Drive Shield for Raspberry Pi 2 will start shipping in early January 2016.